I am a huge fan of Oreo cookies. Since I live in Europe I always admired it from afar and since a few years it’s also available here. I was sold from the first taste. And off course, when I love something, I need to try all the recipes I find with it.
And this Oreo Mini-cheesecakes recipe I found over here became one of my favourites. I did change it a little bit to my taste.
This recipe is easy to make and takes you straight to heaven when you taste it. I used light cream cheese (partly for my conscious), but mostly because I prefer the taste of it to regular cream cheese. Yes, that’s peculiar and normally I will always go to full-fat, and stay away from anything light. But here I found it complimented it all rather well.
Let’s go to the recipe.
Mini Oreo Cheesecakes
- Ingredients for the Crust:
- 1 & ½ cups (or 150 gr.) Oreo crumbs
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- For the Cheesecake:
- two 8 oz. packages (or 230 gr.) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup (or 67 gr.) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (or 25 gr.) of Oreo crumbs
- 4-5 whole Oreos, broken in large pieces
- First we have to assemble the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Oreo crumbs and the melted butter.
- Put 2 tbsp of the mixture in each muffin liner.
- Use a spoon or something similar to firmly push the Oreo crumbs down.
- Bake it for 5 minutes in the preheated oven. When finished, remove from the oven and let it cool completely. Meanwhile you can prepare the cheesecake.
- Directions for the cheesecake:
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Usually it’s around 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated and smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Then add the Oreo Crumbs and the larger Oreo pieces, and mix with a spatula.
- Place about 2-3 tbsp of batter in each muffin liner.
- Top the cheesecakes with additional Oreo pieces or crumbs.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the center of the cheesecake is only slightly jiggly.
- Allow the cheesecakes to cool to room temperature before letting them rest for 2 hours in the fridge. You can leave them longer or overnight, but then wrap them in plastic wrap.
And then enjoy! I had enough with letting it rest for 2 hours in the fridge before devouring two of them. The cream cheese heightens the Oreo flavour. It is the perfect combination of cheesecake (one of my favourite desserts) and Oreo cookies (the one thing I could eat for days).
Try it out and let me know what you think. If you have other recipes you would like to share. Don’t hesitate to post them or give me the link! This blog is to share my favourite recipes and to keep them together. And even though I look through the internet each day looking for new recipes, I’m sure there’s a lot more out there. Let’s share!