I started this year with the challenge of eating healthier. That is taking care of myself and my body, but still enjoying everything the kitchen and cooking can offer me. So I won’t step away completely from sugar, because honestly I can’t, but instead I will try to substitute it in some recipes.
One of the things that spring in my mind when I think of eating healthy, are smoothies and I’ve been trying to find new ways to mix my fruit and get my vitamins. So when this new trend of Breakfast Bowl came up, I had to try it. And luckily, Gemma Stafford, one of my favourite cooks on Youtube, did a collaboration with PopSugar Food and came up with this lovely recipe! You can find it right here.
I changed it up a tiny little bit. I didn’t have any almond butter or nut butter in house at that moment, so I put in two dates instead of one and it worked just fine. I didn’t need it at all. I will try it one time with the nut butter though, because I do think it will give an extra richness to this recipe.
Berries & Cream Smoothie Bowl
- Ingredients for the smoothie
- 240 ml unsweetened almond milk (or any other nut milk)
- 1 frozen banana, cut into pieces
- 150 g frozen mixed berries
- (1 tbsp of almond butter)
- 1 or 2 dates, pitted
- pomegranate seeds
- goji berries
- any other fruit, seeds or nuts you want to add…
- This one is super easy to make
- Into a blender, add almond milk, banana, mixed berries, dates and almond butter if you have some. Blend until smooth and pour into a bowl.
- Top with everything you want. Ik used some granola, goji berries, grapes and blueberries. Basically all types of fruit and seed I still had in my kitchen.
This was just perfection. Adding the dates helped with the creaminess of the smoothie. It made it thicker so it held better in the bowl. It’s creamy. The mixed berries gave this a rich flavor and with all the toppings you can choose, you can really be creative with your breakfast.
Give this a try. I’m sure you will be knocked away. Don’t hesitate to post some recipes you would like to share. I want to try all of them and learn some new recipes. Even though I look through the internet each day looking for new recipes, I’m sure there’s a lot more out there that I haven’t found yet. Let’s share the love for cooking.