After my success with the energy balls from last week, I couldn’t wait to try another recipe by Deliciously Ella. Some were, like I said before, not doable for me but then I felt upon this recipe.
And it is just what she promisis. A simple, quick Pasta Arrabiata. And I loved it. It is quick, easy and I usually have all the ingredients in house that I need to make this recipe. This will be one I will come back to. It is that great. I did adapt it a tiny little bit to my taste. I feel with only 2 garlic cloves you have enough of the taste and multiplying it for two persons is just not necessary. But that’s just so fun about recipes and cooking, it’s all about looking what tastes great to you and find the balance in your food that you enjoy the most.
Easy Pasta Arrabiata
- for 2 persons
- 2 pasta servings
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tsp of chili flakes
- 2 tbsp of dried oregano
- 2 tsp of dries thyme
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 400 g of can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of tomato puree
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt & pepper
- First start boiling some water to cook your pasta.
- Crush 2 garlic cloves in a pan. Then add the spices. Top it with the olive oil and then start heating it up gently.
- Meanwhile chop the cherry tomatoes in two or four, like you prefer.
- When the oil starts bubbling, add the canned tomatoes, the tomato paste and the cherry tomatoes. Turn everything over so the spices get mixed in with the tomatoes. Mix well and let it sizzle until the sauce thickens a little bit.
- Meanwhile don’t forget about your pasta off course. When the pasta is finished cooking, drain it and add it to the sauce. Add the lemon juice and mix well so all the pasta is covered in sauce.
- Finish it off with some salt & pepper. I added some nutritional yeast to add some cheesy flavour to my plate and it worked perfectly.
- Most important step: Enjoy…
And that is it. It’s that simple. It’s fiery. It’s lush. It’s pasta. And topped with a little bit of nutritional yeast, it is just perfection.
Definitely give this a try, because you will be surprised at how easy this one actually is.
Don’t hesitate to post some recipes you would like to share. I want to try all of them and learn some new ones. Even though I look through the internet every day looking for new recipes, I’m sure there’s a lot more out there that I haven’t even seen or heard of yet. Let’s share the love for cooking.